May 1st, 2020
To our patients and dental family,
After serious thought about the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, I came to the decision that my attempt to do the greater good for the community and our health would be to postpone opening the office. Although we have been given the ability to open by the Governor, the decision to open should not be premature or based strictly on economics.
Right now we cant be certain that the month of sacrifice and social distancing has been adequate and will be successful. The outcome of the decisions we make today might not be seen for several months to come. If we are premature in our decision to go back to work could it lead to another outbreak in the fall that is similar if not worse. It is predicted but nobody knows for sure. Would we then look back and wish we had simply waited another month since we already made the initial sacrifice.
My overall instinct is to lean toward the side of caution, follow advice from science based thinking and go by the old saying ” It’s better to be safe than sorry”. I personally would rather make this sacrifice once for a little longer than have to do it again in the future. Most of the time it’s great to be the pioneer out there leading the pack. I’m not so sure this is the moment to rush out there and give it try. Right now it might be prudent to sit on the sidelines, watch what happens, and be able to adapt quickly to any changes that are necessary.
I have decided to remain closed for an additional 2 weeks and prepared to extend it another 2 weeks until June 1 if necessary. I will be available and see all patients for any emergency care. Please call the office and choose option 9. It will forward your message to my cell phone and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Everyone hang in there and stay safe and we will get through this.
James Jenista DDS